Twin Peaks Veterinary Center is proud to offer Class IV Companion Laser Therapy to our patients. Laser therapy is a safe, painless, and progressive option for the treatment of pain and inflammation in pets. The laser uses specific wavelengths of light to reduce inflammation, reduce pain, and stimulate healing cells.
Laser therapy is fast, usually taking somewhere between 2 and 4 minutes. Therapy is painless, and sometimes even enjoyable, as we often have a warm, comforting sensation at the site of the treatment. There are absolutely no known negative side effects to using the laser. Most patients see results after the first one to three treatments. In many cases, we are able to reduce or eliminate completely, the need for additional pain medications.
In a nutshell, the benefits can include:
- Chronic pain relief (arthritis, degenerative joint disease, etc)
- Acute pain relief (injuries like bite wounds, etc)
- Anti-inflammatory effects in the tissue (ear infections, etc)
- Stimulates healing of damaged tissue
- Improves blood circulation
- Post operative pain relief and faster wound healing
If you have questions about our laser therapy or would like to schedule an appointment, please call the office at 572-8300.