Pet Wellness Examinations From Your Marana and Tucson Veterinarian
Pet wellness services can help keep your cat or dog healthy and strong. As your pet's Marana and Tucson veterinarian, we offer a range of wellness services to help your pet avoid serious illnesses and enjoy better quality of life. We encourage all pet owners in the Marana and Tucson area to bring their pet in to the veterinarian for regular wellness exams.
Different Aspects of Pet Wellness
There are many different aspects of pet wellness in Marana and Tucson.
- Pet Dental - Pets need regular dental care to avoid cavities and plaque buildup. We offer a range of pet dental services from dental exams to cleanings and tooth extractions. All pets need to have their teeth examined at least once annually, and most pets also need to have their teeth cleaned.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations help your pet avoid serious illnesses and deadly diseases. We administer all the core vaccinations and many non-core vaccinations to ensure that our pet patients have the protection they need from common conditions.
- Wellness exams - During wellness exams, we'll perform a full physical examination, take your pet's weight, administer vaccinations and make recommendations for treatment if needed. Wellness exams help us catch diseases and physical problems in their early stages, so you can help keep your pet healthy.
- Flea and Tick Prevention - Fleas and ticks can spread disease and decrease your pet's quality of life. That's why we offer a range of flea and tick preventatives for pets; preventatives can protect your pet from these diseases.
- Spay and Neuter - You probably already know that spaying and neutering helps prevent pet pregnancies, which keeps unwanted pets off the streets of our community. But did you know that spaying and neutering your pet can help protect your pet from a variety of reproductive system problems, like cancer? Spaying and neutering can also help improve your pet's behavior and can improve your relationship with your pet. Pets who are spayed or neutered often live longer and enjoy better quality of life.
Importance of Regular Veterinary Exam
During your pet's regular veterinary exam we check for a range of conditions. Some of these conditions include flea and tick-related illnesses, chronic conditions and weight problems. Younger pets are vulnerable to weight problems and common illnesses, while older pets are at risk for chronic conditions and serious diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart disease. We recommend bringing your pet in annually for a veterinary exam to ensure that your pet is not suffering from any of these problems.
Wellness Care Helps Pets From Birth Through the Senior Years
We recommend bringing your pet into the veterinarian for the first time at age 6 to 8 weeks. Pets may come to the vet several times in that first year, and then annually thereafter. When your pet is a senior, we may increase the visits to twice annually just to ensure that your pet is healthy.
Contact Your Pet's Marana and Tucson Veterinarian Today
As your pet's Marana and Tucson veterinarian, we can help your dog or cat be healthy from birth through the end of life. To make an appointment, contact us today at (520) 572-8300.