Pet Dental Care from Your Tucson Veterinarian
Pet dental care helps ensure that your pet's teeth and gums are in good health. Bringing your pet to the dentist regularly can prevent periodontal disease, bad breath, and infection. As your pet's Tucson veterinarian, we can help you take care of your pet's teeth. We provide regular dental checkups and cleanings for our pet patients.
Why is pet dental health important?
Pet dental health helps ensure quality of life for your pet. By seeing the veterinarian regularly for annual cleanings, your pet can avoid painful problems like toothaches and dental infections. In addition, seeing the dentist regularly can help prevent serious conditions that could lead to expensive dental procedures like tooth extraction.
Cat and Dog Dental Conditions Treated
As your pet's veterinarian in Tucson, we treat a range of cat and dog dental conditions, such as:
- Cavities - Pets can get cavities just like people. Our cavity fillings help stop the spread of dental disease and can help protect your pet from painful toothaches.
- Periodontal Disease - Getting regular cleanings can prevent pet periodontal disease, which can ultimately protect your pet from infections and tooth loss.
- Bad Breath - Bad breath can be a symptom of periodontal disease. If your pet has very bad breath, we recommend bringing him or her in for treatment.
- Plaque Buildup - Pets can get plaque buildup just like people. During your pet's dental exam and cleaning, we'll scrape away plaque to ensure that your pet's teeth are healthy and smooth.
Dental Care Services Provided By Your Tucson and Marana Pet Dentist
At Twin Peaks Veterinary Center, we provide a range of dental care services for pets, including:
- Dental Exam - Our dental exams help us catch conditions in their early stages. During your pet's dental exam, we'll check for plaque buildup, dental decay, cavities, periodontal disease and other conditions.
- Teeth Cleaning - We'll clean your pet's teeth to remove plaque and stains. During the teeth cleaning, we'll polish your pet's enamel so the teeth will be clean, shiny and smooth.
- Cavity Filling - We provide cavity fillings for pets to fill their cavities and stop the spread of dental decay.
- Tooth Extraction - Sometimes a tooth cannot be saved. When this happens, we provide tooth extractions to eliminate infected teeth.
- X-rays. Our x-rays can tell us what's going on in your pet's mouth, so we can provide care where your pet needs it the most.
- Anesthesia. We provide anesthesia to pets so they can be comfortable throughout the procedure. Anesthesia helps pets and veterinarians stay safe throughout the dental cleaning.
Total Dental Cleaning Package
Most pets older than about one year can benefit from the total dental cleaning package. At a price of $335, this service can help ensure that your pet's teeth are fully cleaned. Our dental cleaning package includes blood work, anesthesia, pain medication, x-rays, scaling and polishing. When we're done, your pet's teeth should be beautiful and your pet should have improved breath.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Tucson Veterinarian
As your pet's Tucson veterinarian, we provide a range of services to help your pet maintain healthy teeth and gums. We service pets in Tucson, Marana, and the surrounding community. To make an appointment for your pet, contact us today at (520) 572-8300.